The Education and Public Programs Team at the Nixon Library is pleased to remind you that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) continues to be an excellent source for entertaining and historical content! Simply follow the links below for additional information.
We Rule: Civics for All of US
Teachers and caregivers: register your elementary students for a special presentation of the new We Rule: Civics for All of US programs on the Constitution, The Constitution Rules for grades K–2 and The Constitution and Our Community for grades 3–5! By participating in these free live, standards-based, interactive webinars, students will be better able to:
● Understand what the Constitution is and why the United States has one
● Connect the Constitution to their own lives and their communities
● Identify the three branches of government and some of the key functions they perform
● Analyze primary sources
After registering, you will receive the connection information via email the week of the event along with a teacher guide with additional pre- and post- program activities to share with students.
The Constitution Rules! for Grades K–2
In this 30-minute program, students will explore the idea of different responsibilities in their community and analyze images that highlight the jobs of the three branches of government as outlined in the Constitution.
● September 15, 16, and 17 at 10:00 AM ET (7:00 AM PST)
● September 22, 23, 24 at 2:00 PM ET (11:00 AM PST)
The Constitution and Our Community for Grades 3–5
In this 45-minute program, students will explore the idea of community, hone their primary source analysis skills by examining government records, and connect the Constitution to their own lives.
● September 15, 16, 17 at 2:00 PM ET (11:00 PST)
● September 22, 23, 24 at 10:00 AM ET (7:00 AM PST)
Please feel free to contact us at NixonEducation@nara.gov if you have any questions. if you have any questions.
Stayed tuned for regular updates from the Nixon Library Education and Public Programs Team.
The Nixon Library Education and Public Programs Team