Notice: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Although, the museum galleries have reopened with limited capacity, we are still unable to offer education tours at this time. We continue to respond to written requests for records at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check our website or archives.gov/coronavirus for updates on our operating hours and status.
Welcome to the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum!
We look forward to hosting your group. We have compiled this information to help you and your group prepare for your visit with us.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email at NixonEducation@nara.gov or by phone at 714-983-9120.
The Education Team
Our Education Tours are designed to cover the totality of President Nixon's life and times. We have designed grade group specific themes and discussion points that have been gleaned from, and meet California state curriculum standards on history, social studies, and civics.
National Archives-sponsored Education Tours are free of charge to all students, teachers, and 1 adult chaperone per 10 students. Volunteer docent-led guided tours are offered to students groups of 15 students or more (not to exceed 100 participants) in number.
Guided tour requests must be made at least one month in advance and are therein subject to availability. Groups of 14 or less will be afforded 'self-guided' tours, whereby the group will lead themselves through the galleries, birthplace and Marine 1 helicopter. Admission fees are waived for self-guided tours.
National Archives Education Tours at the Nixon Library are open to all local public, private, charter, and home schools, as well as “out-of-school-groups” such as scout groups.
To schedule a tour, please fill-out the education tour request form and submit either by email to: NixonEducation@nara.gov, fax: 714-983-9111, or post mail to:
Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
c/o Education Tours
18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
For-profit tour companies/applicants who host student tour or education programs, can schedule tours by visiting https://www.nixonfoundation.org/tickets-tours/ or emailing email@example.com for further assistance.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- A tour of the galleries, helicopter, and birthplace typically lasts 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Your selected tour time of either 10:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. for Docent Guided tours will begin promptly. Should you require more or less time, please provide this information in the ‘remarks’ section of your tour request form.
- Our facility is ADA compliant; however, should you require additional assistance, you may note this in the ‘remarks’ section of your tour request form.
- If you would like the tour to highlight certain events or topics, indicate this in the ‘remarks’ section of your tour request form. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Please account for area traffic as you plan your travel time. If you are running late, please call the office at 714-983-9120 and be prepared for possible adjustments to your visit.
- Have your group line up outside the entrance to the museum while you check in at the Admissions Desk. Each student will be given a lapel sticker to be worn at all times.
- During busy times, you may have to wait a few minutes while other groups are checked in. Please be patient and rest assured that we will check your group in as safely and quickly as possible!
- Be prepared to be split up into smaller groups to ensure a safe learning experience for your students and to help prevent congestion in particular parts of the Museum.
- For the safety of your group and other guests, there is no running in the museum.
- Food, gum, drinks, including water, are not permitted at any time into the museum galleries.
- Chaperones must stay with their students at all times and are responsible for student conduct on museum grounds.
- For the protection of our artifacts and documents, flash photography is not permitted.
- Backpacks or large purses/handbags are not permitted into the building, with the exception of emergency information, medicine, etc. Oversized bags will be subject to search by a federal Security Officer upon your arrival.
- We respectfully request that students limit cell phone usage strictly for photographic purposes. The museum is an extension of your classroom and ask that you apply the same rules of decorum in the galleries.
- The lead tour guide will meet you and go over museum rules with your students.
We need your assistance to ensure that students and the general public enjoy their visit with us!
We depend on teachers and chaperons to stay with and help students follow museum rules. Your group may be asked to leave if the students are at any time negatively impacting the experience of other guests.
Where to Eat
- While we do not have a space for your students to eat lunch, there are several restaurants and parks nearby.
- School groups are encouraged to consider eating at the Hurless Barton Park located nearby. Address: 4601 Casa Loma Ave., Yorba Linda, CA 92886. (Please contact the Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation Department at (714) 961-7160 for approval and to confirm availability.)
- Closure of the helicopter and birthplace may occur if we experience extreme heat, high winds or rain. On days when this occurs, tours will be restricted to the permanent galleries and viewing the orientation film.
- Bus parking is located next to the Helicopter on Yorba Linda Blvd. and Mountain View (opposite end of the Museum entrance).
- There is plenty of parking for individuals and buses at no charge.
Cancelling your Tour
- If needing to cancel an already scheduled Education Tour, please notify the Library via phone or email at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to do so may result in your student group not participating in future tours.
- Please note that your tour is not confirmed until you receive a final confirmation email from us. Otherwise, we will not be able to accommodate your group if you arrive unexpectedly.
- Please contact us at NixonEducation@nara.gov in advance of your school visit and call (714) 983-9120 on the day of your visit.