The White House Communications Agency (WHCA) Sound Recordings Collection contains public statements that took place between 1969 and 1974.
- The 4,469 audio tapes total about 4,200 hours.
The Finding Aid Title Log lists:
- running time for each recording
In addition to President Nixon, the recordings include selected speeches and remarks by:
- Vice Presidents Spiro T. Agnew and Gerald R. Ford
- members of the Nixon and Agnew families
- Cabinet and Sub-cabinet officers
- members of the White House Staff
- Recordings include selected White House Press Briefings, speeches, entertainment at the White House, the 1971 China advance team telecommunications, and the broadcast of the Watergate hearings of the Senate Select Committee on Presidential Activities.
- Some of this material is withdrawn.
The recordings in this collection are work products of the U.S. Federal Government.