Thank you for your interest in our free, nonpartisan school tour program! If you have any questions, please call us at 714-983-9120 or email NixonEducation@nara.gov.
Scheduling Your Tour
Our tours are free of charge to students, teachers, and bus drivers. We also wave the admission fee for one chaperone for every ten students. Chaperones beyond the 1 to 10 student ratio will need to purchase a general admission ticket. To schedule a tour, please fill-out the school tour reservation form and submit it by email to NixonEducation@nara.gov, fax it to 714-983-9111, or mail it to:
Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
c/o School Tours
18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Most school tours begin when the museum opens at 10:00am, however, with enough advance notice we may be able to accomodate a later start time.
- A tour of the galleries, helicopter, and birthplace typically lasts 1½ - 2 hours. If you have more or less time, please let your guides know when you arrive.
- All of our tour guides are trained to be flexible! If you would like the tour to highlight certain events or topics, just let your guide know. They will do their best to accommodate your request.
- We kindly ask that chaperones stay with their students at all times.
- Due to its length, we do not show the thirty minute introductory film during our regular school tours. If you would you like your students to view the film, please let us know as soon as you arrive. To give your students enough time to also explore the exhibits, we ask that you plan to spend at least two hours at the Museum.
- When you first arrive, the lead tour guide will ask you to divide your class into groups based on the amount of students scheduled to visit, the availability of our tour guides, and the number of exhibits open to the public. The size of these groups will range from 20 to 35 students.
- Please leave your backpacks, large purses, umbrellas, and/or bags at school or on the bus. Once inside, all items are subject to search.
- If you get caught in traffic or are otherwise delayed, please call us at 714-983-9120 as soon as possible.
- The helicopter and birthplace are subject to closure during foul weather, including extreme heat, high winds, and rain. On days when one or both attractions are closed, our guides will follow a special “rainy day” tour rotation that includes the introductory film.
- The National Archives does not control the replica of the East Room. It is frequently closed for private events.
- We are happy to give your students a peak into our research room. Just let us know when you arrive and we will include it on your tour.
- While we do not have a space for your students to eat lunch, there are several restaurants and lovely parks nearby.
- We welcome your feedback! Please contact us at 714-983-9120 or NixonEducation@nara.gov with your ideas and comments.