National Archives at College Park
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, Maryland 20740-6001
The National Archives at College Park, known as Archives II, is located on Adelphi Road near the University of Maryland's College Park campus.
View a map to the National Archives
Take I-495 (the Capital Beltway) to exit 28 South – New Hampshire Avenue (Route 650).
From New Hampshire, turn left at the second light onto Adelphi Road.
The entrance to the Archives is on the left after you pass Metzerott Road, but before you come to University Boulevard.
You will see the Archives II sign on the left. Turn into the entrance.
Visitor parking is available, but very limited during research hours.
Parking spaces in the garage area fill very quickly. If you plan to visit, we
recommend that you use public transportation.
If you intend to drive and park, please note:
- The parking garage opens to the public at 8:00 am.
- A security officer will:
- Check your photo identification (all visitors must present photo ID)
- Direct you to the second entrance of the parking garage
- Provide you with a daily parking permit and instructions on parking.
- Overnight parking is not permitted.
- If the Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS) is raised to the level "Orange" or higher, additional security screening procedures may significantly delay entrance of passenger vehicles.
Two main Metro bus routes run from
Metrorail (Washington's subway) to NARA's College Park facility, Metrobus
and the (C-8).
The following bus schedules are
available on the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority web site:
(Note: the National Archives and Records Administration is not responsible for
any information posted on www.wmata.com).
the Greenbelt/Fort Totten line,
serves Green Line stations at
- Prince George's Plaza
- Ft. Totten
- The (C-8) Metrobus,
the College Park/White Flint line, serves Red Line stations at
- White Flint
- College Park
|Note: These Metrobuses do not run on Saturday.
For run times contact Metro at (202) 637-7000.
Staff shuttle bus
- Monday through Friday only
- Between the College Park and Washington, DC buildings.
Washington, DC: 8 am - 5 pm on the hour
- Depart College
Park: 8 am - 5 pm on the hour
- Researchers may use it on a space available
Saturday only researcher shuttle bus
- Between the
Prince George's Plaza Metrorail Green Line station and the College Park building
- At Belcrest Road side at Kiss 'n Ride sign
8:15 9:15 10:15 11:15
12:15 1:15 2:15 3:15 4:15 5:00
8:45 9:45 10:45 11:45
12:45 1:45 2:45 3:45 4:45
Distance from Local Airports
- From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA): 14 miles
- From Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI): 28 miles
- From Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD): 34 miles
Information for Researchers
Top of Page
||PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
More information on Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on the National Archives and Records Administration's Accessibility page.