Archival Processing of the White House Tapes
Processing the Nixon White House Tapes for public access involves completing the typical archival functions of preservation, arrangement, and description.
This process includes:
- Creating review and preservation copies of the original tapes.
- Reviewing the tapes for PRMPA and national security restrictions.
- Describing the content of the tapes by creating detailed Tape Subject Logs and Finding Aids.
- Technical processing and editing the tapes for public release.
- Creating reference copies for use by the public.