The Naval Photographic Center White House Motion Film Unit Collection consists
of motion film coverage of selected official activities of President Nixon filmed between 1969 and 1974.
- The 517 separate titles total 1.2 million feet of 16mm color motion film.
The selected official activities include:
- diplomatic and ceremonial occasions
- foreign and domestic trips
- activities of the First Lady, Pat Nixon
About the Finding Aids
The Finding Aids include:
- a comprehensive index chronologically arranged and searchable by PDF Catalog Index
- a listing of production titles
- scene description "shot cards" for individual rolls of film
The finding aid is available as a zip download. To download, right click on link and select "Save Link" or "Save Target" to your computer. Extracting the files requires file extraction software, such as StuffIt or WinZip, that can "unzip" (open) the compressed zip file, once it is completely downloaded on your computer. The file is 265 MB.
The footage in this collection is a work product of the U.S. Federal Government.
Reproductions are available either on motion film stock or broadcast quality video recordings.
||PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
More information on Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on the National Archives and Records Administration's Accessibility page.