The Main Motion Film File Collection features Nixon footage filmed between 1953 and 1974.
- The Collection contains 619 titles of mostly 16mm black and white sound on film picture rolls.
- Motion films from the pre-Presidential era were deeded by private individuals to the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Presidential period films were deposited by organizations and individuals with the White House theater
Some film titles were determined to be the private-personal materials of President Nixon, have been returned to his estate, and are available from the Nixon Library Foundation.
- domestic and foreign trips
- political spots for various Nixon campaigns
- films produced by government agencies
- educational films
- Nixon speeches and press conferences
- kinescopes of television broadcasts and newsreel footage
The Title Listing Finding Aid is organized by date of accession and includes:
- copyright information
- subject matter
- geographic location
- applicable restrictions
[See Also: Restrictions]
- Some of this material is withdrawn.
Much of the material is copyrighted.
||PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
More information on Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on the National Archives and Records Administration's Accessibility page.