The White House Special Files: Subject Files consists of documents of an administratively sensitive nature, arranged according to subject matter.
Non-sensitive documents from the Nixon White House were maintained in the White House Central Files: Subject Files.
About the Subject Files
- Number of boxes: 122 Boxes
- Linear feet of materials: 40
- Approximate number of pages: A standard archival box can contain up to 1,000 pages of material
The Special Files: Subject Files consist of the following file segments:
- Subject Files – 22 Boxes
- Confidential Files – 70 Boxes
This is the largest segment of the Special Files: Subject Files. The Confidential Files consists of sensitive subject matter transferred from the White House Central Files subject categories.
- Alpha Name Files – 2 Boxes
This is the letter file system used to track how outside correspondence was routed.
- Top Secret Files – 2 Boxes
- Oversized Attachments – 23 Boxes
- Confidential Box Lists – 2 Boxes