The White House Photographic Office Collection documents the
activities of President Nixon, his family, and administration
between 1969 and 1974.
- The Collection contains 350,000 images.
A small sample of the collection is described and some electronic copies are available in the National Archives and Record Administration's
Archival Research Catalog (ARC) database.
Photographic subjects include:
- meeting with prominent social, political, and cultural personalities
- Presidential domestic and foreign trips
- social events involving the First Family
- official portraits of the President, First Family, and high ranking members of the Nixon administration
- the 1969 and 1973 Inaugurations
- the 1972 Presidential campaign
About the Finding Aid
The Finding Aids for this collection include:
- 131 binders containing approximately 22,000 contact sheets arranged in chronological order
- a "master print file" of some 6,500 prints arranged by subject content matter
Contact the Nixon Library staff for more information about this finding aid.
Most images in this collection are work products of the U.S. Federal Government.
||PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
More information on Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on the National Archives and Records Administration's Accessibility page.